On each day trip, you will be provided:
- provide a gourmet shore lunch set up
- a professional guide with a boat
- vast opportunities to catch fish
- a peaceful float down the river
- shuttle transportation
- all fishing gear (flies, rods, leaders, etc.), with the exception of waders.
Each overnight camping evening includes:
- A wall tent
- Cots, Sleeping bags, sleeping bags, pillow and sheets
- A gourmet dinner
- A gourmet breakfast.
- All fly fishing gear.
- Gourmet lunch with drinks
Prepare for Your Trip
Due to the potential risks of the outdoors, everyone is required to sign a standard liability release form sent in a confirmation e-mail, acknowledging awareness of and acceptance of the risks associated with the trip you have selected.
The guides and White Pine Outfitters will attempt to meet all schedules, but assume no responsibility for inconvenience or expense due to delays or changes.
If you plan on fishing for smallmouth bass and trout you will need to purchase an IDAHO fishing license. Purchase them online at the Idaho Fish and Game website and printing a copy or you can get one at St. Joe Sport Shop in St. Maries before your trip. Both 3 day and 10 licenses are available.
Pack for Your Trip
DAY TRIP RECOMMENDED PACK LIST
We recommend that each person bring the following for day trips:
- A hard copy of the directions to Calder, ID as the service in the area isn't great once you reach St. Maries
- A St. Joe Fishing license for the river you will be fishing, please also review regulations for the river you plan to fish
- Clothing for sun protection
- A fleece jacket for cool evenings and mornings
- A rain jacket and pants
- River shoes that can get wet if you would like to wade
- Sunglasses with croakies
- A sun hat
- Any medications you may need on a regular basis or in an emergency (e.g. epipen, inhaler, etc.)
- An extra pair of car keys for vehicle shuttle
- A camera with extra batteries
- Waders and boots
- Wool / synthetic base layers
- Synthetic sweats for under your waders
- Extra synthetic or wool layers
- Down / puffy coat
- Wool / synthetic beanie
- Small flashlight and /or headlamp with extra batteries
- Toiletries, including small towel, feminine hygiene, handiwipes, extra hand sanitizer etc.
- Ear plugs
- Spare glasses/contacts
- White Pine Outfitters provides limited amounts of beer and soda (approximately 2 cans per person per day). You may bring as much additional beer and soda as you want, but we do request that you buy these in aluminum cans. White Pine Outfitters also provides a modest amount of wine to have with dinners. If you wish to bring your own favorite wines or if you want to bring hard liquor you are welcome to do so.
- Pen & Notebook
- Reading Material
Our guides work very hard to provide a great trip for you. At your discretion, a tip (8-15%) may be left with your trip leader and will be appreciated by all of your crew.