We are excited to take you down the river! Preparation is key to a successful river trip, although we like to think of ourselves as all-inclusive, we can't all just spend all day on the river in the nude and / or without a camera. Be prepared using the lists below.
Each Trip Includes:
White Pine Outfitters will provide :
- All fly fishing gear.
- Gourmet lunch with drinks
Before Your Trip
If anyone on your trip has dietary restrictions, drink preferences or health conditions, please be sure to have everyone in your group sign this liability form before your trip.
The Day of Your Trip
We will meet you at the boat ramp in Calder, ID, usually at 7am unless a different time is arranged. You can find directions and the usual meeting location here.
We recommend that each person bring the following for day trips:
- A hard copy of the directions to Calder, ID as the service in the area isn't great once you reach St. Maries
- A St. Joe Fishing license for the river you will be fishing, please also review regulations for the river you plan to fish
- Clothing for sun protection
- A fleece jacket for cool evenings and mornings
- A rain jacket and pants
- River shoes that can get wet if you would like to wade
- Sunglasses with croakies
- A sun hat
- Any medications you may need on a regular basis or in an emergency (e.g. epipen, inhaler, etc.)
- An extra pair of car keys for vehicle shuttle
In spring and fall or if average daily temperatures are less than 60 deg F, we recommend:
- Waders and boots
- Wool / synthetic base layers
- Synthetic sweats for under your waders
- Extra synthetic or wool layers
- Down / puffy coat
- Wool / synthetic beanie