Provisions & Itinerary - 5-Day Salmon River Trip
Each guest will be provided with:
- Coast Guard Approved/Type V Lifejacket
- Eating utensils (including plates, bowls, and flatware)
A wall tent with a wood burning stove provided to dry out gear and for sleeping, cots and sleeping bags (Multiday trips only)
- Shuttle transportation
- One large and one small waterproof bag
- Tupperware for small breakable items
- Gourmet meals prepared by the crew each day
- Flies, rods, reels, and other consumables (tippet, leader, tips etc.) required for fishing.
Each day on the river, plan to float 5-20 miles.
Evening before your trip
- Meet the lead guide at The Monarch in downtown Moscow, ID for a pre-trip meeting (7 pm).
- Dry bags will be distributed and last-minute questions you may have will be answered.
- Pack your bags for the morning, learn about what to bring, learn about what to pack.
- Eat breakfast at Hotel Restaurant
- Leave the Hotel at 8:15am for the shuttle drive to Hammer Creek put-in.
(Approximate driving time 2.5 - 3 hours)
- Stop in Cottonwood or Grangeville, Idaho on the way for last minute purchases
- Arrive at put-in, meet the crew, get fitted with lifejacket, and listen to safety talks
- Trip launches and we have lunch on the river
Approximate miles on the river: 2-8 on Day One
- Arrive at our first nights camp and enjoy a great dinner prepared by the crew
Days 2 through 4
- Warm breakfast in camp
- Pack-up camp
- A day of fun on the river (lunch on the river)
- Approximate miles on the river: 12-16 each day
- Arrive at camp, set up for the evening, more fun and great food…
- Breakfast in Camp
- Early Start in Blue Canyon
- Lunch on the Snake River
- Approximate miles on the river: 16-19 on day five
- Arrive at Heller Bar take-out 3:00 - 4:00pm
- Return by shuttle van to Hotel (Approx. 1.5 hour drive)
Itineraries will vary somewhat with each trip, however the sample provided will give you an idea of what you might expect on your trip.