Itinerary - 5-Day Salmon River Trip
Each day on the river, plan to float 5-20 miles.
Evening before your trip
- Meet the lead guide at White Pine Outfitters in downtown Moscow, ID for a pre-trip meeting (between 6 and 7 pm).
- Dry bags will be distributed and last-minute questions you may have will be answered.
- Pack your bags for the morning, for more info, check out our pack list for the Lower Salmon.
- Eat breakfast at Hotel Restaurant
- Leave the Hotel at 8:15am for the shuttle drive to Hammer Creek put-in.
(Approximate driving time 2.5 - 3 hours)
- Stop in Cottonwood or Grangeville, Idaho on the way for last minute purchases
- Arrive at put-in, meet the crew, get fitted with lifejacket, and listen to safety talks
- Trip launches and we have lunch on the river
Approximate miles on the river: 2-8 on Day One
- Arrive at our first nights camp and enjoy a great dinner prepared by the crew
Days 2 through 4
- Warm breakfast in camp
- Pack-up camp
- A day of fun on the river (lunch on the river)
- Approximate miles on the river: 12-16 each day
- Arrive at camp, set up for the evening, more fun and great food…
- Breakfast in Camp
- Early Start in Blue Canyon
- Lunch on the Snake River
- Approximate miles on the river: 16-19 on day five
- Arrive at Heller Bar take-out 3:00 - 4:00pm
- Return by shuttle van to Hotel (Approx. 1.5 hour drive)